Creating Salesforce Formulas
The DataFox for Salesforce integration can pull in your Account fields to DataFox. This allows users to filter, search and set alerts based on Salesforce account fields like owner, tier, sector, etc.
If you’re trying to pull a User field into DataFox, you may see a string of text correlating to the User ID. To convert the string to the actual username, you’ll need to create a new field in Salesforce. This field will use a formula to display the user First and Last name.
The directions below will give a walkthrough on how to create a Formula field:
1. Create New Field on the account object.
2. Select "Formula" field and click "Next."
3. Select "Text" and click "Next."
Fill out the Field Label appropriately. This will vary based on your preferences, but for now, we'll use the written example as shown:
4. Click "Insert Field" to add the first name.
Select the "Advanced Formula" tab where the Insert Field prompt appears, as shown:
5. Select the First Name of the Field.
6. Add the following syntax to the formula: & " " &.
7. Click "Insert Field" to add the Last Name.
8. Select "Last Name" in the Field options.
Like before, you'll insert the Last Name. Now, your screen will have both name fields inserted. Click "Next."
10. Click Next and Save the Field.
You can adjust and check the boxes as desired. For now, we'll select them all and click "Next."
11. Add the field to DataFox.
Because Salesforce data syncs to DataFox every night, you’ll need to wait at least one night before adding your new field to DataFox. Follow the instructions below to add additional Salesforce account fields to DataFox:
If you have additional questions about the process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.