Creating SalesForce Formulas
The DataFox for Salesforce integration can pull in your Account fields to DataFox. This allows users to filter, search and set alerts based on Salesforce account fields like owner, tier, sector, etc.
If you’re trying to pull a User field into DataFox, you may see a string of text that correlates to the User ID. To convert the string to the actual username, you’ll need to create a new field in Salesforce. This field will use a formula to display the user First and Last name.
The below directions walkthrough how to create such a Formula field:
1. Create new field on Account object
2. Select Formula field and click Next
3. Select Text and click Next
Fill out the Field Label appropriately. This will vary based on your preferences, but for now, we'll use the written example as shown:
4. Click Insert Field to add the First Name
Select "Advanced Formula" where the Insert Field prompt appears, as shown:
5. Select the First Name of the Field
6. Add the following syntax to the formula: & " " &
7. Click Insert Field to add the Last Name
8. Select the Last Name In the Field Options
Like before, you'll insert the Last Name. Now, your screen will have both name fields inserted.
9. Click Next
10. Click Next and Save the Field
You can adjust and check the boxes as desired. For now, we'll select them all and click "Next."
11. Add the field to DataFox
Because Salesforce data syncs to DataFox on a nightly basis, you’ll need to wait at least one night before adding your new field to DataFox. You can do so per these instructions to add additional Salesforce account fields to DataFox:
If you have additional questions about the process, please reach out touse at firstname.lastname@example.org.