Alert Creation for Won Opportunities
Oftentimes our customers request to create alerts and signals for their Closed Won Opportunities in Salesforce. This request makes perfect sense, and is a great way to both stay in touch with your customers and identify opportunities for upselling.
While DataFox is unable to pull in Opportunity fields in Salesforce like Closed Won, you can create an Account field in Salesforce to indicate there's a Closed Won Opportunity and then bring that field into DataFox.
If you currently have a field in Salesforce that states whether or not an Account is a current customer, you're already halfway there! Check out our support article on Setting Up Additional Salesforce Account Fields to get started.
If you don't currently have a field in Salesforce that states whether or not an Account is a customer, you can create a custom field using our step-by-step guide below.
Create Custom Field for Customers
1. Once you're logged into Salesforce, click on the Setup button in the top right-hand corner next to your name:
2. On the left-hand sidebar, click on Build > Customize > Accounts > Fields.
3. Scroll down to Account Custom Fields & Relationships and click New to create a new custom field.
4. Select Picklist under Data Type and then click the Next button in the top right-hand corner.
5. Next, you'll enter the details. In the example below, we typed in three values: Active Customer, Attrited Customer, and Prospect, but you can type in whichever fields you use to differentiate your customers.
Once you're done, it should look something like this:
6. On the next page, you'll see options to establish field-level security. We typically stick with the default options for this step:
We also stick with the default page layouts that you'll see on the next page. Click Save once satisfied:
Now you have created your custom field. The next step is to create a workflow rule to ensure that the Account Status is correctly labeled every time an opportunity is marked as Closed Won.
Setup Workflow Rule
1. On the same Setup page, you'll want to click on Build > Create > Workflows & Approvals > Workflow Rules.
2. Click New Rule.
3. From there, you'll want to define the object to which the workflow rule will apply. In this case, we'll select Opportunity.
4. We'll name the rule Closed Won > Active Customer Flag. For the Evaluative Criteria, we'll select created, and any time it's edited to subsequently meet the criteria.
5. Now, we'll create our Rule Criteria. Click on Field and select Opportunity: Stage. Then, you'll want to click on Operator and select Equals. Last, you'll want to click on the search icon next to the Value box to select your Closed Won stage. Once you're done, it should look something like this:
6. Next, we'll specify our Workflow Action. Click Add Workflow Action and select New Field Update.
7. Fill out the name. Next, you'll select Account next to Field Update and then select Account Status.
Choose the "A specific value" option under Picklist Options and select the option you created to represent an Active Customer. It should look something like this:
8. After clicking Save, make sure to click Activate to make the rule go live in your Salesforce.
You did it!
Now you have the freedom to set up additional Salesforce fields so that you can receive alerts and signals for your Closed Won Opportunities the same way you would with your other Salesforce accounts.
We know this stuff can be tricky, and your Customer Success Managers are more than happy to walk you through this process!
You can contact us at email@example.com or 866-804-2401 anytime for help with workflows in Salesforce.