DataFox automatically enriches your leads in Marketo with firmographic information (including location and company website). If you would like to turn any of these overwrites off, here’s how:
Note: You must have the Marketo Webhook installed to complete these steps.
- While logged into Marketo, click Admin that you can find in the upper right-hand corner to open up the Admin page.
- Go to Field Management under Database Management that you can find in the left-hand corner.
- In the right-hand side, select the field under Company Info for which you want to block overwriting. Please make sure that it is on the right Salesforce object.
- Click the Field Actions dropdown and then choose Block Field Updates.
- In the Block Updates From pop-up, tick Webhook Update and click Apply.
For each field that you don’t want to be overwritten by the webhook, you’ll have to repeat the steps above, unfortunately.
Also, please keep in mind that Marketo cannot write to Account fields in Salesforce (even if you have mapped it in the webhook settings), so no worries there.
Here you go! Now you know how to turn off the overwriting fields in Marketo. Questions? Feedback? Your Customer Success team is here to help! Give us a shout at email@example.com for help with blocking fields that you don’t want to be overwritten by the webhook in Marketo or any other questions you have. Thanks!