This feature allows you to search more than 10,000 news feeds, job postings, and company blogs for keywords or phrases of your choosing. Full-Text Searches are useful for searching companies by Tech Stack, Job Postings, or searching across sectors.
Useful Text Searches
The most common use case is to search through a large list of companies to find ones that use a specific technology or are hiring for specific types of employees. For example:
- Technology types: You can search companies by technology types using Technographic searches. But Full-Text Searches can give you additional results from job postings, news feeds, and company blogs. Here are some examples of popular search queries:
- Specific job roles: You can search for companies hiring for a specific role or job function.
- 'Sales Development'
- 'Financial Planning'
- Cross-sector searches: Find highly targeted companies by integrating DataFox filters with Full-Text Searches. Add search criteria in the Data tab like keywords for 'SaaS' companies and then, run a Full-Text Search for 'medicare'. This will give you a useful search for SaaS companies working in healthcare.
Note: You can add companies from your searches to lists by clicking on the checkbox next to each company:
Where Can I Perform Full-Text Searches?
You can run Full-Text Searches in Dynamic Lists, Lists, and Company Profiles.
- Dynamic List: You can define your prospecting territory with criteria like keywords, headcount, and location. Then, narrow your search with a Full-Text Search for technologies or job hirings.
- Lists: You can search news feeds and job postings from one of your created lists (not Dynamic):
- Note: You can use Public Lists for additional searches and lists.
Exclude keywords or phrases from your search results
You can also execute a search that removes results containing a specific keyword. For example, you can search for Job Postings containing the word "iOS" while excluding those mentioning "Android". You can accomplish this by placing a minus sign in front of your excluded phrase:
Tip: If you need to search for specific phrases like "iOS developer", use quotations around the phrase.
You should now have a clear understanding of how to use DataFox's Full-Text Search function.
If you still have questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.