This feature allows you to search more than 10,000 news feeds, job postings, and company blogs for keywords or phrases of your choosing. Full-Text Searches are useful for searching companies by Tech Stack, Job Postings, or searching across sectors.
What Are Some Useful Text Searches People Use
The most common use case is to search through a large list of companies to find ones that use a specific technology or are hiring for specific types of employees. For example:
- Technology types: You can search companies by technology types using Technographic searches. But Full-Text Searches can give you additional results from job postings, news feeds, and company blogs. Here are some examples of popular search queries:
- Specific job roles: You can search for companies hiring for a specific role or job function.
- 'Sales Development'
- 'Financial Planning'
- Cross-sector searches: Find highly targeted companies by integrating DataFox filters with Full-Text Searches. Add search criteria in the Data tab like keywords for 'SaaS' companies and then, run a Full-Text Search for 'medicare'. This will give you a useful search for SaaS companies working in healthcare.
Note: You can add companies from your searches to lists by clicking on the checkbox next to each company:
Where Can I Perform Full-Text Searches?
You can run Full-Text Searches in Dynamic Lists, Lists, and Company Profiles.
- Dynamic List: You can define your prospecting territory with criteria like keywords, headcount, and location. Then, narrow your search with a Full-Text Search for technologies or job hirings.
- Lists: You can search news feeds and job postings from one of your created lists (not Dynamic):
- Note: You can use Public Lists for additional searches and lists.
Exclude keywords or phrases from your search results
You can also execute a search that removes results containing a specific keyword. For example, you can search for Job Postings containing the word "iOS" while excluding those mentioning "Android". You can accomplish this by placing a minus sign in front of your excluded phrase:
Tip: If you need to search for specific phrases like "iOS developer", use quotations around the phrase.
You should now have a clear understanding of how to use DataFox's Full-Text Search function.
If you still have questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.