Uploading Company Spreadsheet Lists
You can import a list of companies to DataFox using the Upload List function. This tool allows you to easily and quickly import your list(s) of companies from an excel file.
If your list of companies is in a different format or is sourced directly from a website, you can also send the source directly to our analysts. Our analysts will parse the data, add a list of companies to your account, and notify you when it's ready.
There are a host of benefits when utilizing this process. Importing lists, for example, lets you select from several fields beyond names and URLs. This lets you create mappings to existing columns or the creation of new ones.
There are also new functions with our Upload lists tool. You can take your spreadsheets with company names and URLs and enrich it with data. This lets you immediately export it as a CSV without needing to save it as a list on DataFox.
We also provide a history tab which allows you to view any of your previous uploads.
We'll demonstrate several ways to upload company lists.
Option 1: Import List
1. Upload List is accessible from anywhere on the DataFox module. When selected, you are presented with three options. Here, we'll start with "Import list and save to DataFox."
2. When selected, you will be brought to another screen for uploading an Excel or CSV file.
3. You can browse for your files or simply drag-and-drop them into the provided space. Additionally, you can name the list and add a description for improved clarity.
When you upload the list, you will receive several messages indicating the upload process. Once successfully uploaded, you should see the following:
You can use this function to compare records with Salesforce, filter lists, get alerts, and much more.
Now, let's look at our other options.
Option 2: Upload List for Enriched CSV
This option is suited to users if they prefer viewing lists in an Excel document. It also retains original company names and URLs while providing firmographic information (like location, headcount, revenue).
1. Like our previous steps, you will select "Upload to get an Enriched CSV."
2. You can upload your Excel or CSV list directly, or drag and drop. Unlike the first option, however, you won't name or describe the file.
Option 3: Letting DataFox Process Your List
For our third option, you can upload lists and documents of various types and allow DataFox experts to parse the information for you!
These document types include Word, Excel, PDF, logo images, screenshots, website links, and text files.
1. To access the feature, simply select the highlighted option.
2. On the next screen, you can upload the mentioned file types at your discretion.
3. When you upload your requested file, you will receive a message as shown:
The turnaround time for lists generally depends on the size of the list and the data quality. Our analysts typically finish lists in 1-3 days. If you need the list request rushed for any reason, please include a note in the comments section.
You can also view your history of uploaded lists in the History tab:
Importing lists will allow you to better organize potential prospects and create valuable contact leads. You should have a better understanding of how to take advantage of these powerful features.
Have questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.