Building Similar/Competitor Lists
Our users are always looking for quicker ways to build high-quality prospect lists. With DataFox's Similar Companies Search, you can start with one company and build a comps list of similar companies in minutes. This drastically saves time otherwise spent hunting down specific names.
Create a List of Similar Companies From a Company Profile
1. The quickest way to source similar companies is to go to a company’s profile (in this example, we'll use Google) and click on the Similar Companies tab.
2. You should see a table with similar companies. To add these companies to a list, click on the Add to List button and name your list (if you haven't already).
3. Proceed to the company page from our Companies tab:
4. Now, you can navigate to Similar Companies:
5. As shown, by checking the boxes in the Similar Companies tab, you can create a new List!
Build Your Company List with an Additional "Similar Company" Search
You can run the Similar Company Search for multiple companies as well. In the example above, we created a comps list from Googles' profile. Now, we can modify that list and re-run Similar Company Search to find 10x more similar companies!
1. To accomplish this, go to the list you created in the above steps (or any of your other lists).
2. From here, you can run the Similar Companies Search on the whole list by clicking on the Similar Companies tab. It may take a moment for the Similar Companies Search to run on your list, as its searching more than 2,400,000 companies in our database. Once it loads, the companies will be sorted in order of similarity.
Apply Filters to Specify Results
You can narrow down similar companies by applying filters like Founded Date. Note that we still do this from our custom Similar Companies list:
Add Companies to Your List
Once you've narrowed down the similar companies with your Filter, start adding them to your lists:
Customize Email Alerts to Create Actionable News Signals
Now that you've built your list of companies, you'll want to connect with these companies with timely messages. Our email alerts will notify you of important company news, funding, and conference appearances.
1. To customize your email alerts, go to the Data tab in your list and click on the Edit Alerts button. You can toggle on and off Event Types to customize your email alert for the most relevant signals.
Note: If you have Email Alerts set up for multiple lists and Dynamic Lists, those alerts will be rolled into one daily email.
Now that you've built a quality comps list with email alerts, try using Company Search and Public Lists to continue building your list.
Still have questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.