Integrating Slack with DataFox
Slack is a useful communication tool for companies of all sizes. Now, you can integrate it with DataFox for greater accessibility and ease of use.
Connect Your DataFox Account to Slack
1. From your DataFox home screen, click the settings icon in the top right corner and select Account Settings. Select integrations, and you'll see various options for DataFox. Simply select "Add to Slack."
2. In this example, we're already connected to Slack. However, for first-time users, you will see a prompt to connect to Slack, following the steps as shown:
3. Initially, we need to connect to the Support channel. In this case, DataFox will request authorization to integrate with your own Slack channel(s):
Note: To authenticate DataFox for Slack you will need to have Slack permissions to add "Apps and Custom Integrations" to your Slack team.
4. You should now receive a DataFox welcome message in Slack (from slackbot). This confirms that Slack and DataFox synced properly.
Determine Which Alerts Slack Receives
1. Go to the new Alerts Dashboard in DataFox (datafox.com/alerts) to view all of your Alert settings.
2. Next, to the names of the lists or dynamic lists, you can see the type and frequency of each Alert. Click on any the Alerts listed to edit the Alert.
Set Alerts to go to a Slack Channel
1. To enable the Slack integration, set the frequency of your alerts to "Instant (Slack)"; then, type in the public Slack channel you'd like these news alerts to go to. The 'Slack Channel' text box will auto-suggest channels already active in your Slack team.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PRIVATE SLACK CHANNELS: You can only get an alert into a private channel if you are the person who set up your company's Slack configuration. Everyone else must put them in public channels.
Confirm the Instant Alert & Slack Channel are Set Up
There's an easy way to verify the alert is set to the channel correctly. Every time you change your alert settings, you will get a notification in Slack from us.
If you turn on a category like "Corporate Updates" or turn off a category like "Events and Marketing" and then hit save - you will receive a message in your slack channel from us saying we updated your settings.
If the message doesn't come through upon re-saving your alerts, then something is wrong with the channel setup - let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review Your Alerts
You should now see Alerts in your Slack channel(s).
Optional: Set up Your Team Role
There are countless ways you can setup Slack for your team. For example, many of our sales organizations create separate channels for each sales representative.
By sending personalized alerts to distinct Slack channels, you can empower your team with Company Signals in their workflow.
DataFox for Slack Overview
By integrating DataFox Alerts with Slack, you'll be in the know for priority updates and actionable information.
Have any remaining questions? Contact us at email@example.com.