Integrating Instant Slack Alerts
Get instant notifications on your prospects or accounts sent directly to a Slack channel. These alerts are great for knowing when to reach out to your existing prospects or keeping tabs on your target accounts.
Create a Public Channel in Slack
1. Once you've configured your DataFox platform for Slack integration, you'll need to create a new public Channel in Slack*.
2. For instance, if you'd like notifications on your prospects, you could create a channel like #sean-prospects:
*Note: If you are the person who set up your company's Slack configuration, you can create a private channel and receive alerts. All other users need to put them on public channels. For more information, check out our guides on installing and debugging the DataFox/Slack connection.
Setup Alerts in DataFox from a List or Dynamic List
1. After you create the channel, go to one of your Lists or Dynamic Lists in DataFox.
2. In the top right corner, select the Alerts icon.
3. In the News Alert Preference popup, set the Frequency to Instant (Slack), and then, enter the name of the Slack channel you'd like the alerts sent. Finally, choose the event types you want to receive:
HINT: Aren't seeing any alerts in Slack? Make sure you've typed the channel name correctly, without the # sign.
Confirm Slack Alerts Are Set Up
1. To confirm that your alerts are properly configured, click on the assigned Slack channel and check for the confirmation message from DataFox:
You're now set to receive Alerts on your Lists and/or Dynamic Lists via Slack!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.