Setting Up Additional Salesforce Fields
The Salesforce integration allows teams to view, filter, and search DataFox on most Salesforce Account fields like Account Owner, Tier, and Last Activity Date.
With your Salesforce account fields in DataFox, you can see Salesforce information on your target accounts, filter on fields like account status and tier, and set up a daily news digest based on your Salesforce account info.
Setup additional Salesforce Account Fields in DataFox (Admin Only)
The Salesforce integration by default includes the Salesforce Account ID and Account Owner fields in DataFox.
1. To add more Account fields to DataFox, your team's admin can go to Custom Fields in DataFox settings and select which Salesforce account fields are available for your team in DataFox.
2. The fields are not synced immediately but on a scheduled time period. The DataFox account admin is able to configure this by clicking on the Integrations tab:
- Frequency refers to how often DataFox will push DataFox firmographic data into Salesforce & at the same time grab Salesforce synced fields.
- Number of companies refers to total number of companies that will be updated & copied during this scheduled resync.
- The sync happens at around 8 pm PT nightly.
- We do the updates in bulk (250 companies at a time) but this will use some of the customer’s total Salesforce API calls (which is why we do this on a scheduled basis that you have control over).
- Non-DataFox admins are still able to see which account fields are configured for sync, but they are not allowed to make changes to that list.
The available fields are defined by your team's Salesforce Account fields, and these fields will be added in DataFox for all Salesforce Accounts synced to DataFox company profiles.
If you or your admin need help setting up additional Salesforce fields in DataFox, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Salesforce Account Fields to your DataFox View (All Users)
After a user configures the synced fields and the data is populated after the scheduled sync period, all DataFox users in that account are able to view and filter that data. Users can add the Salesforce Synced fields to the company data table by going to the Change Column modal and turning them on:
Then, move desired data points from Inactive to Active columns:
Filtering, saving searches, and sorting should work as normal. Fields will also be displayed within the Salesforce widget in the top right corner of each company profile page:
Configure your DataFox Account for the Salesforce Integration
Once the additional fields are added, please provide your team with this short guide for how to leverage the Salesforce integration, including how to filter in DataFox on Salesforce fields and setting up alerts based on the Salesforce accounts you own.
Why are some Salesforce Account fields not displaying in DataFox settings?
If the fields are marked as hidden in Salesforce, they will not available for syncing in DataFox:
This is because that data is not returned by the Salesforce API.
Are all field types available for syncing from Salesforce to DataFox?
The following field types are available for syncing
Certain field types are not available, including fields that reference other objects (except for Account Owner) and encrypted text areas.
If you have any remaining questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.