Custom NAICS Text Fields for Better Prospecting
DataFox utilizes NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) codes to help you fine-tune your prospect searching. You may also integrate this into your Salesforce for an improved, refined approach.
We’ll show you how to add a Custom Field for NAICS codes in Salesforce below.
Creating the Custom Field
1. First, log in to your Salesforce desktop and proceed to Setup.
2. Scroll down and proceed to Customize (located under Build). Clicking this reveals a drop-down. Go to “Accounts,” and then select “Fields.”
3. When you have clicked Fields, the module will appear. At mid-screen select the “New” option.
4. Now, the New Custom Field window appears with several options. For a text-based custom field, you will want to select the Text Area option as shown:
5. When selected, click "Next."
Now, you are presented with options to fill out the Custom Field details.
In our example, we’ll refer to the name as “NAICS Code Example.” However, you may input any name convenient to you.
6. When you have completed the details, click Next.
7. The following window allows you to adjust security permissions. For our example, we’ll leave these as is. However, if you know what kind of permissions to set up, you may edit as desired. When satisfied, click "Next."
8. The last window allows you to adjust Page Layout details. Once again, for this example, we will leave on the default options.
You may adjust as necessary. Once done, click Save.
Afterward, your custom NAICS field has been created. With it, you can take advantage of specific industry codes for better prospecting.
If you have additional questions, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.