Integrating Salesforce Opportunity Info
You can prioritize your accounts using opportunity info in both Salesforce and DataFox.
Adding Salesforce opportunity info to related accounts can be very helpful in running reports on your accounts for historical opportunities. For instance, you can see which accounts had lost opportunities in the past or see the total number of opportunities for a given account.
For DataFox, adding this opportunity info to accounts allows you to bring this reporting into DataFox. You can screen accounts based on historical opportunities, or add past opportunities as key criteria for account scoring.
To set up this reporting, you’ll need to create custom fields on the Account object.
Below are instructions on how to add fields to the Account record for the number of closed won opportunities, closed lost opportunities, and open opportunities.
Once these fields are added to Account records, you can bring these fields into DataFox for screening companies and set criteria for account scoring.
Creating Number of Open Opportunities in Salesforce
For the greatest value, we need to create custom Account records in Salesforce for Open Opportunities, Closed Won Opportunities, and Closed Lost Opportunities. We will begin with Open Opportunities.
1. First, log in to your Salesforce account. Select Setup.
2. On the left, under Customize, navigate to Accounts and select Fields. Conversely, you can type in “Accounts” in the search bar to quickly bring up the tab.
3. From the Fields tab, scroll down to “Account Custom Fields and Relationships.” Click "New."
4. Here, select “Roll-Up Summary” and click "Next" in the bottom right.
5. On the next page, you will enter details about the Custom Field.
In our example, we’ll name it “Number of Open Opportunities,” but you are free to input any info you prefer.
6. You can add details about the field as well. Once complete, select Next.
7. The next page is “Define the Summary Calculation.” Here we’ll input specific data that determines calculations and what kind of data is shown.
8. Under the drop-down for Summarized Object, select “Opportunities.”
Under “Select Roll-Up type,” choose "COUNT."
9. Now, new options will appear under Filter Criteria. To specify our Opportunity field, select “Only records meeting certain criteria should be shown.”
10. Here, we need to add prerequisites to get the results desired. As such do the following:
- Change Field to Closed
- Change Operator to Equals
- Set Value to False (Do so by clicking the magnifying glass icon and selecting “False”)
Once done, select "Next."
The next window is for Field Security permissions. You may edit these as preferred, but for our example, we’ll leave them as is. Select Next.
The next page is for Account Layouts. Again, you may adjust these, but for the example, we’ll leave them the same.
When satisfied, click Save. You have now created a custom field for Number of Open Opportunities.
We still need to create two additional fields for maximum value.
Next, we’ll make a custom field for closed won opportunities.
Creating Number of Closed Won Opportunities in Salesforce
Much like before, we’ll be following along the steps above. This time, however, we’ll make small adjustments to filter for Closed Won Opportunities.
1. Return to Setup and under Accounts, select Fields.
2. On the next page, under Account Fields and Relationships, select New.
3. Like the steps before, you will select “Roll-Up Summary” and select Next.
4. At the details page, this time you will input different information.
For our example, we’ll title the field “Number of Closed Won Opportunities.” Once done, select Next.
5. Now, you’re brought to the summary calculation page. We’ll adjust details for this field’s accuracy.
Like before, you will need to input the proper settings. Set Summarized Object to Opportunities, Roll-Up type to COUNT, and “only records meeting certain criteria.”
6. Under Filter Criteria, we need to adjust options. Set them as shown:
- Field to Closed
- Operator set to Equals
- Value set to True
7. We also need to set an additional line of Criteria for this custom field:
Set them as shown:
Field set to Won
Operator set to Equals
Value set to True
8. Once done, click Next.
Like our steps before, the next page brings you to field security options. For now, leave these to their default options.
On the page layout window, we will also leave these the same. Click Save. You’ve now added the second part to our Salesforce custom fields.
However, to complete our set, we need to create one more custom field.
Creating Number of Closed Lost Opportunities in Salesforce
1. For our last Custom Field, you will perform the same steps as before.
Create a new field under “Account Custom Fields and Relationships” and - once again - select Roll-Up Summary.
2. On the details page, we’ll refer to this one as “Number of Closed Lost Opportunities.”
3. After you add those details, select Next.
As with the other options, you will input selections as shown below:
4. Now, we need to set the last criteria table before moving on.
5. Like before, you will need two lines:
- Set Field to Closed/Won
- Set Operator to Equals
- Set Value to True/False
6. Afterward, select Next.
For Security fields and page layout, we will leave these options by default. You are free to adjust as desired.
7. Click Save.
Now, you have created all relevant Opportunity Fields. To utilize them, you will need to add them to your DataFox settings.
Add opportunity info to your Account Score
You can also use them for making Account Score adjustments.
If you have remaining questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.