Creating a Custom NAICS Text Field in Salesforce
DataFox draws from NAICS codes to create specific results for better, actionable prospecting. You can also integrate this with Salesforce by creating a custom, text-based Field. Creating said fields will allow users to take advantage of NAICS industry mapping.
This allows us to automatically assign custom industries based on the NAICS codes. This results in improved accuracy and territory carving since there's less reliance on manual decisions.
We’ll show you how in this article.
Creating the Custom Text Field
1. Before you begin, log-in to your Salesforce account and select “Setup.”
2. From here, navigate to "Accounts" on the left tab and select “Fields.” To expedite this, you can search “Accounts” in the search bar.
3. Here, you’re presented with a new page. Navigate by scrolling down until you see “Account Custom Fields and Relationships.” Select "New."
4. The goal is to fill the Custom Field information with valuable data from DataFox. Therefore, on the next page, scroll down and select “Text.” It’s important that the field is Text because NAICS codes are numbers.
5. Once done, select Next.
Here, you will want to input details about the Custom Field. For now, we’ll use the example name “DataFox Industry Mapping” for the Field Label. However, you may input any name as desired.
6. For length, select a value between 6-10. Modify the description content as desired. Once complete, select Next.
7. The next window handles permissions and security. For our example, we’ll leave these checked by default, but you may modify them as needed. Afterward, select Next.
8. The following window is for page-layouts. Once again, for the example, we’ll leave these values blank. However, you can adjust as necessary.
Once satisfied, click “Save.”
You’ve now created a Custom Field specifically for NAICS mapping. This will allow you to take advantage of the DataFox filter and integrate it with Salesforce.
If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.