Salesforce and Account Scoring
Account Scoring is a powerful feature which allows you to prospect important tiers. DataFox gives you the ability to map your custom Account Score to Salesforce so your team is armed with the information they need to be more efficient and successful.
We’ll show you how to map Fields in Salesforce so you can take advantage of its potential.
Creating Custom Fields
You need to create a custom field for the Lead, Account, and Contact Objects. Please note, these are number fields.
1. To begin, select Setup at the top right-hand corner of your screen.
2. From here, select Field under Accounts. To expedite this process, you can type “fields” in the search bar to quickly locate the proper object.
3. Once located, select "Fields." The next window brings you to a list of current Fields. For now, you want to create a new one. Scroll to the middle of the page and select “New.”
4. Now, we will begin the process of creating a new Custom Field. To begin, locate "Number" and tick the box next to it. Afterward, click Next.
5. Here, you will fill out details for the numeric based field, as shown below:
6. You can fill out details as desired. We recommend labeling this custom field “Account Score.” Once done, select Next.
Afterward, you will be brought to pages regarding account security permissions and page layouts. For now, we will leave these at their default values. You may, however, adjust as desired.
7. Once satisfied, click "Save." You’ve now created the custom Account Score field, characterized as “Number.” Note that this is specific to your Accounts object.
Now, we need to create two additional custom fields to fully take advantage of Salesforce integration, under the Contact and Lead objects.
To do so, you will repeat the steps above, to create custom fields for Contact/Leads.
Mapping Fields in Salesforce
1. To map the account score in Salesforce, navigate to your Salesforce application and log in. Afterward, select the “+” icon on the upper tab, as shown:
2. You will be brought to All Tabs. Here, locate and select "DataFox Settings," located on the left part of the screen.
3. After you select DataFox Settings, a new window will appear with different field values. One column is for DataFox Fields and the other for Salesforce Fields.
4. For each column, Account Scoring should appear at the top. Make sure the overwrite box next to "Account Score" is checked. When done, scroll to the bottom and click "Save Mapping."
5. The Custom Fields are now correctly mapped. Note you will need to wait at least 24 hours before your lists populate.
Now, you can take advantage of the Account Score in Salesforce!
If you have additional questions, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.