Technographic filters are a powerful, advanced-intelligence resource which allows you to expand and prioritize your total addressable market.
Building a list of laser-focused technologies is easy, and we’ll show you how to set your team up for success in this article!
1. To configure preferred Technographics, you must log in to DataFox as an administrator. Once done, navigate to your Settings in the upper right-hand as shown:
2. Select Technographics on the left side.
3. In this tab, different Technographic clusters are shown. Each represents a group of technologies. Adding one will save this as a filter for future searches.
For our example, selecting the Salesforce cluster will add multiple Salesforce technologies. Additionally, you can search for specific technologies in the search bar.
4. You can further refine your search results with HG Data Technographics as well!
5. Now, you can apply these filters when searching for companies. Navigate to Companies on the left tabs, and select “Add a Filter.”
6. Once the new window appears, navigate to Technographics. Under Technographics, you will see an option for “Filter On Preferred Technographics.” This shortlist is available for reps when set by the admin, keeping only relevant technologies in searches.
Select this. The Technographics you selected under Settings will appear. Click Apply to save these Filters.
7. Once applied, only companies with the Technographics or HG Data Technographic filters will appear, based on your specifications. Afterward, you can create a Dynamic List to identify new companies that are using specific technologies.
8. This allows your team to view companies with technologies you care about.
In the below screenshot, Google’s company profile shows some of the preferred Technographics we selected earlier.
This will also integrate with Salesforce, but will require at least 24 hours to properly update. Once they do, you can view them in your iFrame, like below:
Technographic Data Providers
DataFox accesses Technographic information from HG Data and BuiltWith. There are some key differences between the two worth noting:
- BuiltWith performs in-depth website scans to discover what technologies a business uses. For example, if a company has a Marketo lead form on the website this is tagged by BuiltWith.
- HG Data draws from information “behind the scenes,” such as resumes and job postings to establish what technology a company utilizes.
Now, with this deeper understanding of Technographics and HG Technographics, you can quickly build preferred shortlists of technologies.
If you have additional questions, reach out to us at email@example.com.