Taking Advantage of DataFox
As an intelligence platform, Datafox aggregates content from all over the web to acquire company information, and signals you need to prospect effectively from one powerful platform. Filter over a million companies by keyword, location, headcount, technographic, or create your own search.
Since there are many options available, newer users can feel overwhelmed. To help, we have a list of best practices to employ when using the Datafox software.
These are some of the essential functions for using taking full advantage of DataFox:
Now that you have an idea of what you can do with DataFox, we'll show you how to utilize each object.
Use the Import List function to import a list of companies into Datafox. The Import List tool allows you to easily and quickly import your list of companies from an Excel file/CSV file.
Simply export a list of your Leads or Accounts from Salesforce - the company name and website URL are sufficient (remember to delete extra columns).
Make sure your export CSV file has the specific headers “Name” and “URL." You may need to rename columns from how they appear in the Salesforce export.
1. When ready, return to your DataFox account and select the "Upload List" tab. A new window will appear where you are prompted to upload a relevant file.
2. Once uploaded, the file will begin to populate your DataFox instance. This process can take several minutes, as DataFox must both upload the list and create all relevant company details.
3. If Datafox cannot import any lines from your spreadsheet, you will receive an error message like the one shown. Click the “Download a CSV of these Companies” link to see which companies weren’t imported if needed.
DataFox analysts will review rows which cannot be imported. These are normally added within 24-48 hours, and DataFox will send you a notice once the updated list is ready.
Otherwise, under My Lists, you should now see your CSV file listed, and under Companies, the number of companies which were successfully uploaded into Datafox will display.
You can click the name of your list to see the data results from your upload.
Sharing Lists in DataFox is a great way to collaborate and eliminate the duplication of prospecting efforts. Users can easily see which companies are tracked in Lists by others on their team.
Once shared, anyone with access to the shared list is able to add and remove companies from it.
You can utilize the feature in the following way:
1. From your Lists tab, locate the list you want to share. Select any of the "Not Shared" objects.
2. Afterward, a new window will appear, prompting who you want to share the list with.
You can customize it for specific users, or your listed team as a whole.
Once you share lists, you can expedite the prospecting process for streamlined results.
With your Account territory uploaded, you can apply filters aligning to our customer triggers.
1. In this example, we'll filter out all companies who are using a competitor product in their Technographics.
2. Now, companies without this Technographic appear, allowing you to hone in on desired prospects.
3. You may also adjust how fields and columns appear by selecting options from each drop-down:
4. Conversely, use Customize Fields by selecting the icon and adjusting as desired.
With DataFox Insights, you can not only find key firmographic information about your current customers but can also discover similar companies worth targeting.
To use Insights, perform the following:
1. From your original Company List, click on the Insights tab. From here, you can see where your current Leads/Accounts measure on basic criteria like Industry Keywords, Number of Employees, Funding, etc.
2. You can click on any of the checkboxes on this page to select criteria for a new search based on the trends we see in our current Leads or Accounts.
3. Once you check off the insights you prefer, you may return to the top and select "New Search from Selection."
4. This will produce a brand new selection not already on your list of Companies (though they may exist already in your Salesforce instance). Once you click the Create Dynamic List button, you can track for new leads using your selections.
Dynamic lists are a specific type of list that, once set-up, can send you an alert anytime a new company meets your pre-set search criteria.
If you prefer not to get proactive alerts, the companies will still be added to your list, and you can sort the results based on the date they’re added.
1. You can create Dynamic Lists by selecting various filters of your choice. Note that you must filter to fewer than 100,000 companies to save a Dynamic List.
2. Once you’ve created a new list of companies based on specific search criteria, you need to set up the Alerts to be notified whenever new companies are added.
Signal Alerts are managed from your Dashboard by selecting the bell icon. When selected, a new window will appear which allows you to customize what Signal Alerts you prefer and how you receive them.
3. You can choose "Delete this Alert" if you no longer want to receive information about your choices.
4. Under your Dynamic List, you can also see which companies meet your criteria under the "Date Added" column.
DataFox’s Company Signals are alerts drawn from social media and news events to give you the latest actionable information.
You can modify Signals from one of your created lists or directly from a Company Profile.
1. For the former method, select one of your created Lists/Dynamic Lists and select the Signals tab:
2. You can modify filters from here to adjust which Signals you prefer to see.
3. Conversely, you can adjust/view Signals directly from a Company profile, as shown:
You can also adjust Alert preferences (as shown previously) to decide which types of alerts/signals you want to view.
From your uploaded list of Leads/Accounts, you can also use the powerful Similar Companies feature. This feature populates lists with characteristics found in businesses you are trying to prospect. This allows you to expand potential search options for granular results.
Similar Companies can take several minutes to populate as it updates over 1,900,000 companies in the Datafox database.
This produces a new list of companies not already in your existing list - but as with Insights and the "Search from this Selection" feature.
Some companies may already exist in Salesforce, so double check Salesforce for existing owned Accounts/Leads.
1. To access this feature, login to your DataFox instance and migrate to one of your saved Static Lists. Once done, you can select the Similar Companies option. When loaded, tabs will be sorted by order of similarity.
2. You check the boxes next to each company you prefer to prospect, which then allows you to create a new list.
From this new list, you can apply filters, add or move columns, and sort the data just as you would with the original list showing under the Data tab.
DataFox allows you to find new, verified companies to prospect. You can get an overview of prospecting for results based on territory/filters here:
You can build a robust pipeline with high-quality prospects by searching DataFox and building target lists based on your criteria like sector and headcount, but also Location, Technographics, Funding, and more than 30 other data filters.
These filters allow you to save time finding the right prospects and focus on core selling activities.
You can receive new company alerts in your DataFox digest email, or see when companies meet your search criteria over time in DataFox using the Date Added column.
1. In order to do so, proceed to Company Search in your DataFox instance and select "Add a Filter."
2. Choose filters based on your preferred searching criteria. There is a wide range of options, which include:
- Industry Keyword: Search sectors like SaaS, cybersecurity, healthcare tech, and other technology sectors.
- Location: Setup territories based on cities, mileage ranges, and zip codes.
- Tech Stack: Filter results based on whether a company uses Salesforce, Marketo, Hubspot, and more than 2,000 tech stack tools.
- Employees: Define your employee headcount range to focus on.
- Funding and 30 others!
3. (Optional) Exclude Companies to Fit Your Criteria
You may exclude certain filters/keywords from your searches if you want improved, granular results. For instance, you don't want businesses related to law appearing in your results, so you could filter Legal Services.
Finally, from a Company Search, you may save specific companies to Lists or create Dynamic Lists.
Now, you have a more in-depth understanding of how to take advantage of some of DataFox's most powerful tools.
If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.