You can now enrich multiple Salesforce Accounts with the same DataFox company profile. Many-to-One Salesforce Mapping will allow you to sync multiple Salesforce Accounts to one DataFox company.
For example, if you have multiple Salesforce profiles related to business lines or segment geographic territories (e.g. Google APAC, Google EMEA, etc.), you can identify a primary account and enrich all secondary accounts with firmographic information.
Company Profile: Sync a Primary Account
1. From an unsynced company, you can click the “SYNC” button to sync that company to a Salesforce account:
A correctly synced company should appear as follows:
2. The initial sync will make the Salesforce Account the primary account for many-to-one syncs. This means DataFox will show Salesforce Account info like Opportunities and Account fields from the Primary Account.
You are then able to disconnect this account via the drop-down.
3. If you encounter an error while syncing, you’ll see an error like the one below with a link to Details for more information.
Once the error is fixed, you can use the “Retry Sync” button to successfully sync the company. Clicking the “Cancel” button will bring this back to the original synced state.
Company Profile: Sync a Secondary Account
1. After syncing a Primary Account, you’ll have the option of syncing secondary accounts where DataFox will enrich fields on the secondary Account.
To sync a secondary account, you can select the option to “Connect Another Account”. From there, you can paste in the Salesforce Account URL for the secondary account to sync.
2. A correctly synced company should appear as follows:
Once synced to a secondary account, you’ll have the option to sync additional secondary accounts using the “Connect Another Account” option.
Company Profile: Promote a Secondary Account to Primary
1. Once you’ve connected one or more secondary accounts, you can promote a secondary account to the primary account using the drop-down menu next to the secondary account:
And you'll receive this notification once the secondary account is promoted:
2. If the new account has a different number of attached Opportunities or Contact/Leads, this number is updated on the company profile, along with any account fields from the primary account. Please note, this may take some time to update depending on your Salesforce settings.
Company Profile: Disconnect a Secondary Account
1. From a company profile with multiple Accounts connected, disconnect a secondary account from the drop-down menu.
2. If you disconnect a secondary account, the profile should return to original synced state.
Company Profile: Disconnect a Primary Account
1. From a company profile with multiple Accounts connected, disconnect a primary account from the drop-down menu.
2. If you disconnect a primary account, the secondary account should automatically be promoted and you should be presented with a notification:
Salesforce Account Trigger: Deleting Primary and Secondary Accounts
If you delete a primary account in Salesforce, the oldest secondary account will be promoted to primary automatically.
If you delete a secondary account, the sync will be removed with no impact on the sync to the primary account.
If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.